Saturday, April 25, 2009

Change in Policy... a.k.a. NOT Valedictorian

I found out last Wednesday that Dixie has changed there policy since the previous week when I was informed that I was graduating valedictorian. One student was chosen to give the speech from each of the Associates and Bachelors Valedictorian groups. Because there were so many valedictorians, Dixie has decided that ONLY those two students (who are speaking) are going to be honored with the title. I didn't take it to well, which is pathetic because it is not like they lowered my GPA and I didn't want to give the speech anyway. It was just really hard being told that I had earned the honor of Valedictorian and then being told.. oh, never mind, you're not good enough any more. Oh, well... I am surviving just fine in my non-valedictorian state. Either way I am excited to FINALLY be graduating next Friday at 6:00pm!!!!!

3 comments:

Deneille said...

You are still our Valedictorian!!!

Raylene said...

You still "so totally rock, dude!" DSC policy makers are just a bunch of lame-brains. Yippee!!!! (for graduation, not lame-brains)

Lively Leavitts said...

Diddo to Deneille's Comment & you SHINE no matter what anybody says!!
I love ya!!